I'm a visual designer with experience in graphic design, user experience design, front-end development, and photography. I'm also a winemaking student, and I like to cook.
I started tinkering with web design in the late '90s, and by 2002 I got the nerve to ask people to pay me to design things. A lot of them said yes. Crazy!
Since then, I've worked in a lot of industries and on a lot of projects, primarily as a designer. Sometimes as a designer-developer. Other times as a designer-developer-whatever-else-guy. What do they have in common?
I love designing. And I have a strong desire to use my design skills to contribute to causes, products, and services that I believe in. (Doesn't everyone?)
My portfolio is a collection of past and recent, personal and commercial work of varying technical and emotional depth.
Outside of design, I study winemaking at Texas Tech University at Fredericksburg.
If I'm away from the computer, I'm probably in the kitchen!
• You can reach me on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/jdanny/
- Graphic Design
- Print Design
- Responsive Web Design
- UI Design
- UX Design
- Website Accessibility
- Website Design
- CSS / SASS / BEM
- Adobe XD
- SketchBook Pro
- Sublime Text
- Nikon D850
- ZEISS Milvus 2/35
- ZEISS Milvus 2/50M
- ZEISS Milvus 2/100M
I love learning from books and it's still my preferred method for learning a subject. Here are some of my favorites:
- "100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People" by Susan Weinschenk
- "Articulating Design Decisions" by Tom Greever
- "Atomic Design" by Brad Frost
- "Don't Make Me Think" by Steve Krug
- "Laws of UX" by Jon Yablonski
- "Lean UX" by Jeff Gothelf, Josh Seiden
- "The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg
- "UX Strategy" by Jaime Levy
- "A Gentleman at the Table" by John Bridges, Bryan Curtis
- "Catalan Food" by Daniel Olivella, Caroline Wright
- "Emotional Intelligence" by Daniel Goleman
- "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain
- "On Writing" by Stephen King
- "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell
- "The Danish Way of Parenting" by Jessica Joelle Alexander, Iben Sandahl
- "The Flavor Bible" by Karen Page
Do you think I'm wearing too many dots?